Louisiana Commission on Preventing Opioid Abuse
To study and make recommendations regarding both short-term and long-term measures that can be taken to tackle prescription opioid and heroin abuse and addiction in Louisiana, by using the best practices and evidence-based strategies for its prevention, treatment, and enforcement.
Meeting are held at
Louisiana Department of Health Headquarters
628 N. 4th Street Room 118, Baton Rouge, LA 70802
Thursday, January 19th, 2016 at 1:30 p.m.
- Malcolm Broussard, Louisiana Board of Pharmacy
- Eric Torres, Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners
- November 7th
- September 26th
Leslie Deville McDaniel – Office of Behavioral Health
P.O. Box 4049
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-4049
Phone Number: (225)342-8916
Board Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opioid Antagonist Training and Information
- Opioid Prescribing: A Provider Update - Medicaid Lunch & Learn Series
- Opioid Prescribing: Safe Practice, Changing Lives - Presented by CO*RE
- Facing Addiction in America: The Surgeon General's Report on Alcohol, Drugs, and Health- This report reviews what is known about substance misuse and addresses its related consequences. The Surgeon General often releases reports focusing on difficult and controversial issues. These public reports serve to generate awareness on important issues for the benefit of the nation's health.