Health Care Providers
The state, through the Department of Health, is more effectively managing Medicaid enrollees' health care through Bayou Health, now known as Healthy Louisiana.
Louisiana's Medicaid providers deliver a valuable service to the state's Medicaid recipients, and their continued input and participation are critical as the State works to create a care delivery system that leads to better health outcomes and more effectively coordinates services and treatment.
The program includes five managed care organizations (MCO) to improve recipient health outcomes, and add benefits for recipients. The Health Plans are:
- Aetna Better Health of Louisiana
- Amerigroup Louisiana, Inc.
- AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana, Inc.
- Louisiana Healthcare Connections
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan
- Healthy Louisiana schedules flood-related emergency response calls for providers
- LDH to Host Provider Call on Medicaid Expansion Implementation
- Notification of Pregnancy Form
- MCO Adverse Incident Reporting Form
- Contracting Points of Contact for Behavioral Health Providers
- United Healthcare Status (Updated June 12, 2015)
Subscribe to Newsletter
Subscribe to the newsletter and have important information updates delivered to your inbox.